List of explorers you may choose from for your explorer report.
1. Juan Ponce De Leon
2. Christopher Columbus
3. Amerigo Vespucci
4. Hernando Cortes
5. Ferdinand Magellan
6. Francisco Pizzaro
7. Vasco Nunez De Balboa
8. Giovanni Caboto / John Cabot
9. Hernando De Soto
10.Alvar Nunez Cabeza De Vaca
11.Francisco Vasquez De Coronado
12.Bartolome De Las Casas
Include one or two paragraphs of background information. This must include:
1. Your explorerís name
2. The country that he represents
3. The king of that country
4. The time when the exploration took place (ie: 1644-1648)
The report is seven paragraphs.
Tell who your explorer is and the dates of the exploration. Also, tell where the explorer is from.
2. Explain the reasons that your explorer came to America. Be sure to include information on how it was funded (paid for.) What is God, gold, or glory? Tell why.
3. What type of ship did you explorer use? How long was the voyage? Describe any obstacles / problems that your explorer faced.
4. What did he explore? Include any discovers that were made and the lands that were claimed for the explorerís country.
5. Discuss the interactions between the explorer, crew, and the Native Americans. Include primary sources as evidence. Those may include journals or logs from the explorer.
6. Provide additional information. Explain why the exploration was important. Back up your idea with facts that you find, including primary sources.
7. Conclusion: Summarize the main ideas of the report.
CAUSES OF CONFLICT CBA - AMERICAN REVOLUTION
Do you need additional information? Use these words and phrases to search Nettrekker, Proquest Magazine Index, E-Library, an online library catalog, print encyclopedias or the World Wide Web:
∑ American Revolution
∑ Revolutionary War
∑ War of Independence
∑ Thirteen Colonies
∑ Boston Tea Party
∑ Battle of Lexington
∑ Battle of Concord
∑ George Washington, Paul Revere, or names of other important people of the time
∑ Declaration of Independence
∑ Stamp Act
∑ Townshend Act
∑ Valley Forge
Liberty! the American Revolution
∑ Great place to start for background info! http://nb.wsd.wednet.edu/lmc/webhunts/revwar_webhunt.htm
∑ Tons-o-links! http://www.teacheroz.com/colonies.htm
Bibliographies- Making Citations
Practice the 50 Nifty United States song:
Learn where the states are:
Go here and practice locating the 50 states. You will be quizzed later this year on the location of all the 50 states.
Last modified: November 09, 2010